Description : Disease Surveillance Officer (Multiple Locations). Company : UN. Location : Pakistan
Organizational Context: Under the direct supervision of the Area Coordinator and technical guidance of the Provincial Surveillance Officer, the incumbent will work as Disease Surveillance Officer within the framework of national policies and guidelines defined in WHO programme and policy documents to provide support to the polio eradication efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Primary responsible for establishing, maintaining, managing, strengthening a functional AFP Surveillance structure and sensitive system in the assigned area including community informant network.
2. Provide coordination and technical support to the Govt. Authorities and partners on Surveillance of AFP, VPD, PID, ILI/SARI, COVID-19 and other emerging or reemerging diseases/outbreaks.
3. Timely investigation of AFP Cases, follow up investigation, ensuring quality specimen collection and transportation.
4. Organize and conduct detailed Epidemiological investigation when needed.
5. Organize and conduct training, capacity building sessions for Health care providers, Govt. Staff, partner staff and community informants.
6. Organize and conduct regular surveillance review meetings at the district and other appropriate levels.
7. Conduct active surveillance visit in the Health Facilities as per National Guidelines.
8. Supervise Environmental Sample collection and its shipment. (Where applicable)
9. Conduct regular in-depth data analysis and performance review of Surveillance network, identify gaps and take corrective measures.
10. Supervise WHO Surveillance team in district and UCs in the assigned area.
11. Provide technical support to all or specific immunization activities and SIAs when assigned by the Provincial and National supervisors
12. Implement any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
1- All key Surveillance standards and indicators, as per National Surveillance Guidelines, are achieved in the district or assigned area.
2- All key indicators of Surveillance and Immunization activities as per NEAP are met in the district or assigned area.
Functional skills and experience:
- The incumbent must have at least 1 year of professional work experience in disease surveillance, polio eradication, immunization activities, health emergencies OR other field-level public health programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Familiarity and work experience with community.
- The incumbent must have clear understanding of gender equality, sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Fostering integration and Team-work
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Effective and credible communication
- Degree in medicine (MBBS/MD), Registered with Pakistan Medical Council (PMC)
- Bachelor degree in dentistry (BDS) with Master in Public Health.
Proficiency in English and Urdu languages (both written and spoken). Additional local language would be preferable.
WHO Pakistan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and female applicants are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Minimum Experience: 1 Year(At least 1 year of professional work experience in disease surveillance, polio eradication, immunization activities, health emergencies OR other field-level public health programs.)